Full time – 40 Hours per week
The Director of Community Engagement is a member of the Administrative Team and reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director. The Director of Community Engagement will work closely with the leadership and staff of ReadyKids to increase and sustain community engagement activities, conduct strategic community outreach, and establish authentic community listening practices to best inform ReadyKids’ response to community needs. The Director of Community Engagement will work closely with the Executive Director and Program Directors to establish community engagement best practices across the organization. The Director of Community Engagement will collect and analyze internal and community-based data to identify disparities and inform needed improvements.
- Equivalent experience to a bachelor’s degree and/or bachelor’s degree required. Experience with community organizing, community engagement, or community outreach highly encouraged. Lived experience as part of a marginalized community highly preferred.
- Possess strong people skills, be able to work independently with minimal supervision, exercise sound judgment in completing tasks of the position and enjoy a varied work schedule and job tasks.
- Demonstrated skills in authentic listening, motivational interviewing, and reaching marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated ability to express and transmit ideas in a clear and organized manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships within and outside the agency in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Effectively communicate and model the mission, vision, and culture of the organization to staff and the community and effectively practice the principles of shared leadership.
- Provide leadership by establishing department’s mission and vision, fostering teamwork that allows staff to be active participants, and building and nurturing community relationships.
- Develop and monitor community engagement activities and budget to ensure an effective response to agency, community, and participant needs.
- Actively participate in Leadership Team meetings, agency wide decision-making, and setting agency vision and strategy.
- Represent ReadyKids in the community and with the Board of Directors.
- Build upon and lead a community engagement strategy and plan to identify key activities and strategically reach communities.
- Create and distribute accessible and targeted materials to reach marginalized community members.
- Facilitate authentic listening sessions in identified communities to better understand community perceptions, needs, wants, barriers, and preferences.
- Build and sustain relationships with marginalized community members and community leaders to inform strategy and partner effectively.
- Provide support, training, and consultation as needed to program and philanthropy staff to improve community engagement skills and opportunities.
- Serve as a member of the CARE Team and work closely with the CARE Team leadership to coordinate efforts and share information between the two initiatives
- Collaborate and work cooperatively with community partners and referral sources to understand available resources and identify barriers to access.
- Partner with BIPOC community leaders, in collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director and Program Directors, to assess community needs and identify programming to best meet those needs.
- Collaborate with other community partners in developing a Youth Advisory Network.
- Meet regularly with supervisor to coordinate efforts and keep supervisor informed about progress on initiatives to most effectively meet organizational goals and needs.
- Be prepared for and provide input at team and other agency meetings.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Collect and analyze internal and community-based data to identify disparities and inform needed improvements.
- Work closely with the Deputy Executive Director and Program Directors to share learned information in order to inform best practices in program activities, address identified needs, and reduce barriers.
All ReadyKids Employees will…
- Actively promote vital connections between children, caregivers, staff, and our community partners.
- Resolve issues with the person(s) most directly involved by sharing your thoughts and feelings directly and respectfully, remembering that others have thoughts and feelings, too.
- Recognize each person’s uniqueness and strengths. Treat people in a caring and respectful fashion, mindful of individual, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Be respectful in verbal and written communication to and about participants and colleagues.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with participants, colleagues and donors.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality of participants, colleagues and donors.
- Fully embrace our mission and vision, actively contribute to meeting them, and serve as an ambassador to engage the community in our efforts by providing clear and accurate information regarding the agency’s function and current programs.
- Participate in the decision-making process as opportunities are available to inform agency and program decisions.
- Participate in scheduled agency and other team meetings.
- Recognize that one way does not work for everyone and stay flexible in our approach and thinking. Maintain flexibility in order to change when things change.
- Present solutions along with problems with the goal of getting to yes. Stay open to new ideas and offer suggestions for new ways of doing things.
- Be proactive; give and receive input and seek solutions that balance the needs of the individual, program, agency, and community.
- Maintain the highest integrity in all aspects of agency and program operations and duties.
- Utilize evidence-based and best practice models and strategies to provide the best opportunity for success.
- Set appropriate priorities and make progress toward performance-based goals established for self, program, and agency.
- Be accountable for individual and program results and give and receive feedback to improve individual, program, and agency performance.
- Seek and utilize all available sources of data on an ongoing basis to inform decision-making in completion of all job duties.
- Reflect on individual, program and agency results for continuous learning and quality improvement.
- Participate in professional development and supervision to seek guidance, expand knowledge, and develop use of best practices.
- Maintain passion and commitment to the agency’s work and participants.
- Do your part to ensure the health and well-being of the entire organization.
- Respect and protect agency-owned property and assets and use agency resources for business-appropriate purposes.
- Salary starting at $50,000
- ReadyKids pays 100% health, dental, and life insurance premiums for employee only plans
- Voluntary vision and supplemental insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave; paid holidays
- Employer-matched retirement plan
ReadyKids is committed to a diverse and equitable workplace. We believe diversity of identity, thought, approach, and experience provide the optimal environment for our growth, learning, and success. We aim to create a safe space where everyone belongs and can contribute to the organization in a way that is authentic and genuine to them. Click here to read our vision for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Open until filled. ReadyKids is seeking a diverse pool of applicants; all are encouraged to apply. Email CV/resume to Melissa Cohen at [email protected]. ReadyKids is a drug-free workplace. EOE/ADA/AA.