Growing Minds improves the quality of early childhood care and preschool settings by offering professional development, coaching, training and support to early childhood teachers and program leaders.
Do you want to?
- Give kids in early childhood the experiences they need most to connect and learn?
- Work with a friendly, knowledgeable specialist who offers information, suggestions and support?
- Network with other professionals to share resources, best practices and build skills?
Who can participate:
- Home and center-based early child care providers and preschools in Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison and Orange Counties.
- Community members who want to start a high-quality child care program.
What to expect:
- Growing Minds offers ALL early childhood providers opportunities for professional growth.
- We take theory and jargon and break it down into strategies that really work.
- We provide professional development through individual consultation, group trainings, skill coaching, and quality improvement planning based on the latest research.
- Most of our services are provided free of charge to participants.
How it works:
- We partner with you to start or enhance your program.
- An early learning specialist works with you individually to assess your needs.
- You become part of a learning community that understands child care is much more than baby-sitting.
- By participating in quality improvement, you become eligible for various incentive programs.