ReadySteps encourages parents as a child’s first and best teacher through early learning playgroups within their home community.
Do you want to join a playgroup?
- Have fun while helping prepare your child for school?
- Learn about your child’s development?
- Connect with local resources?
- Meet other families in your community?
Who can participate:
While we are committed to supporting families looking for child, family, and community support, we focus on helping families who identify as part of an underserved population or with developmental or situational risk factors.
ReadySteps Playgroup is for you if:
- Your family is facing economic hardship/ Your family qualifies for assistance (like SNAP, WIC, Free or Reduced-Price Lunch, Housing/Rental assistance, Head Start or Early Head Start, Medical Assistance, LIHEAP, TANF, Child Care Subsidy)
- Your family is newly arrived in the United States, or English is not your primary language
- You have concerns about your child’s development
- You feel isolated or are experiencing other life stressors
- You are referred to us by a community partner
If these don’t apply to your family, we are still available to connect you to other programs and provide resources.
What to expect:
- ReadySteps Educators facilitate a parent support and early learning program, centered around routines and building community.
- Our groups are play-based, and include activities similar to those you would see in a preschool classroom, including music, art, imaginative play, literacy and math.
- Parents and caregivers are active participants in our program, and together we provide kids with experiences designed to promote healthy development.
- Family Coordination is provided to all enrolled families, and includes developmental screening and home visit sessions. In collaboration with our community partners, we offer regular caregiver support groups with a trained therapist, children’s books to add to your home library, field trips, and activities outside of regular playgroup sessions.
- This program is free of charge to participants
- New playgroups start in September! If you are interested in participating in playgroups, please use our “Join a Playgroup” interest form and a ReadySteps representative will contact you.