Full time – 36 Hours per week (Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am-6:00 pm)
The Front Desk Coordinator is a member of the Admin team and is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the reception and waiting room area. This includes greeting guests and participants, answering telephones and emails, and other administrative functions. Due to the sensitive nature of the information, the position must be able to maintain a discreet, confidential, and professional manner, both within and outside the agency, with respect to Agency business.
- Education/Training and/or equivalent experience working in an office environment.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a reception and waiting room environment.
- Salary: starting at $36,000 for 36 hours plus full medical benefits
- ReadyKids pays 100% health, dental, and life insurance premiums for employee only plans
- Voluntary vision and supplemental insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave; paid holidays
- Employer-matched retirement plan
- Greet participants, guests, and vendors.
- Inform staff members when participants and guests arrive.
- Answer telephone and transfer calls. Manage voicemails as needed
- Receive packages and notify staff as needed of their arrival.
- Manage schedules for playground and conference rooms as needed.
- Monitor bathrooms and other shared spaces.
- Manage door schedules, as well as the locking and unlocking of main doors.
- Receive and distribute emails and faxes to proper staff members.
- Distribute mail to staff members.
- Assist with monthly waiting room history month décor.
- Review and oversee the office supply inventory.
- Monitor copy room to ensure sufficiently supplied.
- Monitor restroom supplies to make sure sufficiently supplied.
- Manage outgoing mail for staff and programs, including postage meter.
- Manage trainings, along with scheduling and ordering food as needed.
- Create and implement waiting room procedures and policies with Office Manager.
- Coordinate front desk coverage with Office Manager
- Assist with various projects as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments and staff members as needed.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Agency.
Program Area Knowledge and Abilities
- Keep informed about the agency’s mission and programs.
- Keep informed of best practices pertaining to non-profit organizations.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Maintain organizational documentation with respect to front desk duties.
- Monitor company records as needed for Office Manager and Director of Finance & Operations.
- Participate and assist with organization record keeping as needed.
- Meet with the Director of Finance and Operations on a regular basis.
- Be prepared for and provide input at team and other agency meetings.
All ReadyKids Employees will…
- Actively promote vital connections between children, caregivers, staff, and our community partners.
- Resolve issues with the person(s) most directly involved by sharing your thoughts and feelings directly and respectfully, remembering that others have thoughts and feelings, too.
- Recognize each person’s uniqueness and strengths. Treat people in a caring and respectful fashion, mindful of individual, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Be respectful in verbal and written communication to and about participants and colleagues.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with participants, colleagues and donors.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality of participants, colleagues and donors.
- Fully embrace our mission and vision, actively contribute to meeting them, and serve as an ambassador to engage the community in our efforts by providing clear and accurate information regarding the agency’s function and current programs.
- Participate in the decision-making process as opportunities are available to inform agency and program decisions.
- Participate in scheduled agency and other team meetings.
- Recognize that one way does not work for everyone and stay flexible in our approach and thinking. Maintain flexibility in order to change when things change.
- Present solutions along with problems with the goal of getting to yes. Stay open to new ideas and offer suggestions for new ways of doing things.
- Be proactive; give and receive input and seek solutions that balance the needs of the individual, program, agency, and community.
- Maintain the highest integrity in all aspects of agency and program operations and duties.
- Utilize evidence-based and best practice models and strategies to provide the best opportunity for success.
- Set appropriate priorities and make progress toward performance-based goals established for self, program, and agency.
- Be accountable for individual and program results and give and receive feedback to improve individual, program, and agency performance.
- Seek and utilize all available sources of data on an ongoing basis to inform decision-making in completion of all job duties.
- Reflect on individual, program and agency results for continuous learning and quality improvement.
- Participate in professional development and supervision to seek guidance, expand knowledge, and develop use of best practices.
- Maintain passion and commitment to the agency’s work and participants.
- Do your part to ensure the health and well-being of the entire organization.
- Respect and protect agency-owned property and assets and use agency resources for business-appropriate purposes.
Open until filled. ReadyKids is seeking a diverse pool of applicants; all are encouraged to apply. Email cover letter and CV/resume to Melissa Cohen at email@example.com. ReadyKids is a drug-free workplace. EOE/ADA/AA.
ReadyKids is committed to a diverse and equitable workplace. We believe diversity of identity, thought, approach, and experience provide the optimal environment for our growth, learning, and success. We aim to create a safe space where everyone belongs and can contribute to the organization in a way that is authentic and genuine to them. Click here to read our vision for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.