Part time – 20 Hours per week
The STAR Kids Educator works as part of a team to plan and organize all activities related to delivering the curriculum, “Al’s Pals: Kids Making Healthy Choices” to preschool classrooms participating in the STAR Kids Program. The Educator will lead lessons independently in accordance with the curriculum to assigned preschool classrooms, partner with classroom teachers to integrate concepts from the curriculum into the classroom routine, and participate in community engagement activities as appropriate.
- Salary: starting at $17.31/hour
- Paid holidays
- Employer-matched retirement plan
Open until filled. ReadyKids is seeking a diverse pool of applicants; all are encouraged to apply. Email CV/resume to Shannon Banks at [email protected]. ReadyKids is a drug-free workplace. EOE/ADA/AA.
- Experience working directly with young children in a group setting, or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with experience in education with equivalent experience.
- Ability to express and transmit ideas and knowledge clearly
- Ability to work effectively as a team player within and outside of agency.
- Ability to evaluate own performance, capabilities, limitations and biases with reasonable self-reflection.
- Current and valid driver’s license and maintain at all times an automobile insurance policy. It is suggested that the employee carries at least the minimum limits of liability of $300,000 combined single limit or $100/300/100 split limits ($100,000 per occurrence, $300,000 per accident for bodily injury, $100,000 per accident for property damage).
Human Service Knowledge and Abilities
- Keep informed of the developments in the field of early childhood education and in related professional disciplines.
Assessment/Case Planning/Service Provision
- Deliver lessons as required by the program curriculum to assigned preschool classrooms each school year.
- Assist with purchasing needed program supplies in coordination with the Program Director and monitor the organization of program materials on a monthly basis.
- Support Program Director in building and maintaining relationships with classroom teachers at participating preschool program sites.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all program staff to ensure program needs are met.
- Participate in agency data collection and analysis, specifically Performance Measurement System.
- Enter all data into the database on a weekly basis.
- Maintain up-to-date records on program participants and activities according to program requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation of the program according to program requirements in order to improve and advance service delivery and outcomes.
- Respond to emails and phone calls on a weekly basis.
- Assist in completion of grant reports as requested by the Program Director.
- Meet regularly with Supervisor to most effectively plan and guide service delivery.
- Utilize supervision to provide quality services.
- Work independently to provide services and use sound judgement, and keeps Supervisor up to date on service delivery and any potential challenges or problems.
- Be prepared for and provide input at team and other agency meetings.
- Participate in community activities related to the program as assigned
- Collaborate and work cooperatively with classroom teaching staff.
- Apply training information appropriately as evidenced in supervision and through interactions with participating classrooms.
- Attend and participate in related departmental and partner meetings and training.
- Work in partnership with program staff at participating early childhood programs to implement programming, celebrate successes, and address challenges.
All ReadyKids Employees will…
- Actively promote vital connections between children, caregivers, staff, and our community partners.
- Resolve issues with the person(s) most directly involved by sharing your thoughts and feelings directly and respectfully, remembering that others have thoughts and feelings, too.
- Recognize each person’s uniqueness and strengths. Treat people in a caring and respectful fashion, mindful of individual, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Be respectful in verbal and written communication to and about participants and colleagues.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with participants, colleagues and donors.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality of participants, colleagues and donors.
- Fully embrace our mission and vision, actively contribute to meeting them, and serve as an ambassador to engage the community in our efforts by providing clear and accurate information regarding the agency’s function and current programs.
- Participate in the decision-making process as opportunities are available to inform agency and program decisions.
- Participate in scheduled agency and other team meetings.
- Recognize that one way does not work for everyone and stay flexible in our approach and thinking. Maintain flexibility in order to change when things change.
- Present solutions along with problems with the goal of getting to yes. Stay open to new ideas and offer suggestions for new ways of doing things.
- Be proactive; give and receive input and seek solutions that balance the needs of the individual, program, agency, and community.
- Maintain the highest integrity in all aspects of agency and program operations and duties.
- Utilize evidence-based and best practice models and strategies to provide the best opportunity for success.
- Set appropriate priorities and make progress toward performance-based goals established for self, program, and agency.
- Be accountable for individual and program results and give and receive feedback to improve individual, program, and agency performance.
- Seek and utilize all available sources of data on an ongoing basis to inform decision-making in completion of all job duties.
- Reflect on individual, program and agency results for continuous learning and quality improvement.
- Participate in professional development and supervision to seek guidance, expand knowledge, and develop use of best practices.
- Maintain passion and commitment to the agency’s work and participants.
- Do your part to ensure the health and well-being of the entire organization.
- Respect and protect agency-owned property and assets and use agency resources for business-appropriate purposes.